PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2016, 07:16
paully

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps the solution is to close the airport bars before 9am..I really cannot imagine how anyone gets enjoyment at drinking alcohol at 5am, unless they have a habit to feed!!..This problem effects society these days and airlines are caught up in it, low costs seemingly more than scheduled, recently an Easyjet Captain got punched by one such moron, Ryanair have had a couple of `land aways`in the last few months and so it goes on.

Whilst I agree Jet2 are taking an admirable stance and one that will win them deservedly more business from the `silent majority`, the first line of defence has to be the gate staff. In reality the gate is more often than not staffed by agents, who are often female and or young people, not paid a huge amount, and the temptation to leave the obvious problem to someone else must be immense and I do have sympathy with them at a personal level.

The responsibility lies with the airlines, yes it will cost more money to staff up to the extent required..Is that ever going to happen??..yes and pigs might fly. Only legislation will make any step change but that would be painful and more expensive for everyone.
Back to pigs might fly...