PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2016, 22:58
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CAPTDOUG
I slammed the throttles forward attempting a G/A but the aircraft didn't respond. Control was marginal and I didn't call for gear up as we continued marginally uncontrolled descent.. ......Mystery sheet happens in aviation.
Cap Doug, "aircraft didn't respond" I am guessing due to spool up and wind shear? Engines did respond, however, correct? The reason I ask is the TLA resolvers (self-powered) and FADEC systems on this aircraft are isolated and self-contained, and self-monitoring with dual redundancy on all of the above per engine as I am sure you know. Just looking for clarification, thank you.

Originally Posted by goeasy
Always possible the PM grabbed the gear leaver instead of flap lever in fright of wake/heavy bounce, and unexpected go around call........
Different grip and movement, one would think muscle memory would have prevented this from happening if the PM's mental intention was flaps first.

Originally Posted by Obama57
(Note a conceptual similarity with SFO 777 auto thrust; it's so much easier to blame the human, demand more training, vigilance, monitoring; opposed to re-engineering the aircraft to help the often resource limited pilot).

I will admit that Korean Air pilots are usually resource limited, however, it should be noted that San Francisco, that day, was clear and a million, and it was a visual approach, for goodness sake's!
I chalk that one up to a line training SNAFU. It is a known human factors issue.

Last edited by vapilot2004; 5th Aug 2016 at 00:24.