PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 1st Aug 2016, 20:21
JohanP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all!

Here is my story for the Ryanair interview.

CPL IR/ME MCC in the UK, Modular training, 1200 hours TT. 1 ATPL retake, CPL 1st time pass, IR partial!

I applied first in March 2012. I reapplied with the new system in August 2015. I got a first email in November 2015 telling me that I would get a call from CAE in the next 7 days but I never got any call. One month later, they emailed me saying that my application was on standby until further notice...

07/07: new email saying that I'll be called in the next 14 days
14/07: Call from Cindy (CAE) but I missed it as I was working. She left a voicemail saying that they would call again later.
15/07: Call from another guy (CAE), this time I answered and I passed the phone interview. He gave me the 28/07.

Ryanair Pilot Assessment Debriefing:

We met at 8 o'clock at the Ryanair headquarters. We were 8: 3 spanish, 1 italian, 1 German, 1 Swedish, 1 French and 1 from Macedonia.

We went in the briefing room and one of the assessors went through the briefing package we received by e-mail before.

Then they paired us. 4 went through the assessment in the morning and the others 4 the afternoon. So the morning was a long wait for some of us.

Started with the sim:

East Midlands runway 27
Cleared for WAL 2N, climb and maintain 5000'
After intercepting qdm 342 TNT, the assessor gave us vectors for general handling... Then, climb, descent and turns at a certain speed and bank angle.
After this, he freezed the sim and asked: show me where you are on the plate relative to EME NDB and IEME DME.
Then allowed us to prepare the aircraft for the NDB ILS DME Rwy 27 but the alternative procedure. We briefed the approach, descent Check, approach Check and configured flaps 5 170kts before passing the beacon, then intercepted localizer and glide, flew the ILS, visual on the runway about 300ft above minimas. Landed with a full stop.

My partner had exactly the same. No emergencies, no tricky stuff.
They want to see CRM and that is what we did with my partner, always talking to each other and trying to help the other as much as we could.

HR Questions

Tell us about yourself?
Why do you want to work for Ryanair?
Why did you do your training in the UK?
Have you tried ENAC selection? ENAC is the French national pilot school, the training is free if you succeed.
Have you done any others selections before?
How do you see yourself in 5 years?
If you are successfull with Ryanair, how will you manage to pay for the type rating?

Technical Questions

Questions on my current aircraft (I fly a P68B): Tell me about the electrical system? Tell me about anti / deicing system? What is the maximum ceiling?
How many seats in the 737-800?
How many cabin crew?
What is the clearway?
What's screenheight?

I got a positive email today.

As far as I know, at least 4 of us got a positive answer.
At the beginning of the day, one of the assessor told us: " You are 8, there is a place for all of you. No many airlines will tell you this... so guys! RELAX!" I can assure you than we didn't...

I have done 2 hours simulator training the day before in Dublin with simcheck.ie and that was more than useful! I recommend them a lot! They are very very professional! And they know how to prepare you perfectly for the interview!

https://www.facebook.com/JohanAero33/

Last edited by JohanP; 1st Aug 2016 at 20:45.