PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2016, 08:35
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner
I've taken home consistently over £4000 a month since I joined, highest around £4,500. That's post the highest possible pension contribution and without any overtime whatsoever. If that "isn't the best" then I just want to ask, where exactly are you going to get more than that as a junior FO in the UK nowadays?
£4000 is a fantastic salary and much more than the average person makes for sure. Now, what £4000 will get you in the London area (especially with a family) is a different story and I think this is why people suggested to leave the UK for better money, many places (even in the EU) have lower taxes for pilots, and most likely a quite different and less expensive government benefits system.
Having said that, to stay or not in the UK is a totally personal choice and need, I guess looking at contracts paying 3-4 times as much for the same or less work make some people wonder. As it' s been said many times before, it's just not that different anymore...go ask a 30 years captain if he would fly 900 hrs a year in the 80s in BA and you' ll get the drift.

Last edited by bringbackthe80s; 27th Jul 2016 at 08:45.