PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2016, 21:23
AFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reversethrustset
AFA, I think you're mis-interpreting the logic. You're not signing over anything even if the bond is £100k so why would you sign over your first born and house? Yes plans change etc, but you can say that about anything, like why pay Ryanair £30k for a type rating to then realise it's not what you thought it was, or why pay £120k for flight training to only realise the job isn't what it cracked up to be. Yes I agree it's pretty disgraceful making a type rated bod sign an £18k bond but there are choices in life, and those choices are either don't join, call them up and ask exactly why the bond needs signing and what is it for exactly or just get on with it.
No mis-interpretation at all, I know exactly what a bond is supposed to be for. Or what it used to be for anyway.
With respect your comparison with Ryanair or an FTO rather make my point. With them you come out with a type rating or an FATPL after parting with your cash. If you're type rated & left Flybe early for whatever reason what exactly have you got for your £18K?? Notwithstanding ancillary training costs of integrating a new recruit as mentioned above (is the bond for non type rated recruits even more in that case?) & yes I know it reduces.
I think most people understand the difference anyway.
We agree it's disgraceful at least but I have no dog in this fight and no interest in Flybe thank goodness so I'll leave you to it.