PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2016, 00:25
youngmic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rutan Around

It is a great credit to the Jabiru Company that as their engines evolved they actually addressed any problems that were found.
An interesting spin.

My casual understanding of the matter is the exact opposite of what you have stated, I believe many would agree with me.

Numerous cases of Jabiru engines failing not long out of factory O/H and just to really tick the customer off and add insult to injury they follow up with often pretty poor support.

Was it not the case that CAMit (the original Jabiru engine builder) had been pushing Jabiru for some time to incorporate their mods to solve some of the inherent engine issues. I understood they were ignored time and time again. Now they are marketing the Jab engine under their own name with the necessary mods and doing very well as I understand.

Whilst all this was going on CASA stirred from its slumber, rubbed its collective eyes, looked at what was going on, called a meeting or 2, weren't satisfied so slapped a heap of operating restrictions on Jabirus.

Now a blind man on a galloping horse could see what will happen next....100's of Jabiru owners just had their asset devalued.

Hardly a company deserving of great credit at the moment.

I have been watching the development of the 3300 for some time as that engine might be a great replacement for my O-200 but sadly it just isn't getting the run tally up.

I'm not sure what iteration of Burt's you own but you would be a braver man than I to take flight with 2200/3300 bolted to the back.