PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Mulls Stretching 777 to Knock Out Airbus A380
Old 20th Jul 2016, 16:34
Mr Mac

Received 151 Likes on 94 Posts
Don / Monarch
SLF and not employed in aviation, other than building airports amongst other things, but a regular flyer with your employer. A380 beats 777 hands down probably by a similar distance that the newer 777 beat your old 330. I would not mention 340 as though the cabin is no better than 330 I do like the old 4 donkeys on some routes.
Now as for all this 777 better than 380 tit for tat I would suggest your employer is very interested in what your First / Business / Economy class passengers think, if they do not want to know our views, why are we constantly asked our views in flight, by e-mail, or once by phone in my case. Everyone you talk to at the Bar or a regular passenger favours 380 due to the points mentioned by numerous posters before me. All of my flying is in Business over 4hrs and the vast majority is long haul with yourselves SQ/LH usually on 747/380/777 A/C and if I can, I pick the 380 EVERYTIME. The only disadvantage is that if travelling with Mrs Mac we have to fly separately as both like window seats ! As for 787 have flown it 3 times with Nippon and QR and to be frank do not like it at all, everything is just a bit too poor quality plastic, bit like any American automobile. That's my two cents worth on those airframes.

As for the move from 4 to 2 engines it has had many economic benefits to all the worlds airlines and the stretching of ETOPS regs has, how shall we say, enhanced this. I still however feel sorry for the crew on a twin, who are going at some stage, to have to deal with multiple engine failure on a dark and stormy night over some inhospitable part of the planet, as I am sure this will happen, but no doubt the insurance actuaries have already factored that in to their quotes.

Keep up the good work
Regards
Mr Mac