PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Mulls Stretching 777 to Knock Out Airbus A380
Old 20th Jul 2016, 11:47
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to call you out on this, there is a enormous difference between these two aircraft in terms of passenger experience.
I take you have flown on both. Me too, and i don't entirely agree.
Whilst the 380 is certainly very comfortable, here's my take.

Noise:
The 380 is extremely quiet. To the point that personally i prefer the drowsing hum of the T7 to the quiet cabin of the 380 in F, where you can actually hear every burp and f@rt of your neighbors.
Most of the time people have their headphones on anyway ....

Windows:
The bigger windows of the 380 are only usable when looking into them in an angle of <30degs, due to their deepness. I prefer the wider angle of the T7.
Most of the time the shades are down by the cabin crew anyway .....

Headroom:
The headroom of the T7 is higher and nicer on the T7 (EK, they put the bunks into the rear). Additionally the cabinet wall is distinctly higher, so you get more privacy.

Legroom:
In C the legroom of the 380 is a funnel. I personally prefer the wider room on the T7.

Seats:
The seats are similar, although the 2/3/2 on the T7 is a nuisance. On the 380 i dislike the offset seating, but appreciate the space for drinks etc.

Service:
In F the service is better on the 380, in C the T7 is better, due to less passengers.

Bar / Shower:
The bar is priceless, however it would be a field day for any hygiene inspector with the galley, then 4 toilets, then the bar.
The shower is nice, but only for flights more than 7 hours. I haven't seen too many passengers use it though ... but in this respect i prefer the 380.

Boarding / Deplaning:
Well, as long as there are two-storey bridges and a disciplined blockage of Y pax to get out first, the 380 is fine. Not many stations obey that though and you get stuck behind 400 rushing xxxxxxxxx .....
I definitely prefer the T7 in that respect.

My very personal verdict: 380 wins, but only by a small margin, there is not a enormous difference.