PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2016, 02:40
canopener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if Claire Cohen of "The Telegraph" will rewrite her article of 12 Nov 2013?The extract below must make her cringe.

But, it wasn't until she moved to New Zealand to live with her twin sister that her passion really took off. She started flying vintage aircraft, as they were cheaper - if harder to fly – graduating to work at air shows, with display teams and, more recently, Shuttleworth Museum, close to where she now lives in East Anglia.
"I understood very early on what I wanted in life," she says. "Most people get trapped in families, mortgages and kids. We just spend our lives nosing along at ground level."
That's not to say it's been a smooth path. As a woman, Curtis-Taylor faced any number of obstacles. She couldn't join the air force by virtue of being female; “although, ironically I’ve ended up having most of my training with military pilots.” (Much like Kate Middleton who, it’s been rumoured, is having lessons in a fixed-wing aircraft from Prince Harry).
"Men just take it for granted," sighs Curtis-Taylor. "They are born with a sense of entitlement and don't question it. You always feel like a bit of an outsider in such a male dominated environment.