PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2016, 01:10
abgd

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
it is very clear, isn't it, that deceit was intended from the very start.
I wonder. My feeling is that more frequently, people get drawn into something that then takes on a life of its own. e.g. perhaps you raise money for a trip, then find that you can't get access to the aircraft or insurance for a solo flight. So you agree to fly with a 'safety pilot' who doesn't touch the controls unless life or limb or R44s are at risk. So there's a small untruth that leads to bigger untruths and so on and so on... I have no idea how the situation came to be, but did she set out intending to win solo navigation trophies? I doubt it. Which isn't to say she couldn't have politely declined them.

I remain baffled. Assuming she can take off and land competently, the support crew could have still lent a hand with navigation and flight planning and paperwork (the latter being the part I find most alarming). Without being much more of an achievement, claiming it as a solo flight wouldn't have been an outright lie either. So why oh why..?

I'll admit to some ongoing curiosity as to who Jay Sata is. Initially I thought perhaps an ex-husband, but (s)he claims not to have met her in person. You said I believe that you had never met her, which isn't quite the same as having no personal connection?

Anyway, why not turn this thread into something positive. For me, part of the appeal of flying is to have a kilometre of air between myself and anybody else, and to live (hopefully) by the decisions that are mine alone to make. Are there any pilots planning similar solo flights who are still struggling to get funding? I'd be willing to make a modest donation to the cause of 'Seeing it Done Properly'.

Last edited by abgd; 4th Jul 2016 at 01:47.