PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2016, 20:35
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I imagine her total sponsorship from the three journeys must be around £1 million given the size of the entourage and hotels etc.
I have no idea about the accuracy of this amount, however, the funding required would obviously be considerable. If a large sum can be raised to sponsor a flight of this type (or an even more forthright one) in the name of a

promotional endeavour to encourage females into aviation.
Would that money not be better directed toward scholarships for deserving candidate pilots? Rather than to send a well connected woman and her safety pilot on a bimble from shipping container to shipping container?

I recently bought a propeller from a fellow who was parting out two unused aircraft. He inquired of me was I going to use the propeller myself (rather than sell it on for a profit)? Yes, that is what I will do, and I proudly told him so. He smiled, and agreed to the sale, explaining that he was donating all the proceeds of the sales of the aircraft parts to fund new pilots, he was not keeping the proceeds of the sales for himself. This was independently verified to me by another flier. Good for him, he should get a medal!

Should we honour those people who fly lots themselves, in the name of promoting new pilots? Or is it better to honour those who actually get the new pilots into the sky?