PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V22 Osprey discussion thread Mk II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2016, 21:55
Jack Carson

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why the Over Sensitivity?

Lonewolf 50 This was never meant to be the beginning of a witch hunt. I do not agree completely with your logic. While approaching that point where dinosaur is the term most used when describing my aviation career, like yourself I have witnessed many systematic issues with most models of the aircraft I was blessed to have flown. Examples include, mast bumping with the entire Bell line off U/A – 1s, years of Boeing CH-46 rotor blade problems, Sikorsky issues with the CH-53 vertical and horizontal hinges and early Blackhawk spindle problems. The single issue that surprised me with this article was the sheer magnitude of the number of machines that have been removed from service. Having survived Ed Hume of the “Orange County Register” and his attack on the H-53E I look to understanding what issues the V-22 may have. My intent is to understand the V-22 issues and hopefully that someone is seriously working to make these machines better for the Marines and Airmen that operate them. My heart and soul are with the airmen that fly by daily and you are right it is the beautiful sound off freedom.