PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2016, 22:31
Chugalug2

Received 221 Likes on 69 Posts
Engines, can I once again assure you that your posts are not boring but essential education to we professional aviators who are not engineers? When I first started getting involved in this campaign it was to discover that one of the first priorities was to spell out the difference between airworthiness and serviceability, before then going on to reveal the hit that the former had taken in UK military aviation.

Hopefully most here have absorbed that first lesson by now, but it is the informed posts by those engineers such as yourself, tuc, and others that give us a glimpse into the arcane world that used to ensure that, when signing for the temporary loan of one of HM's aircraft, one could be assured that those who had serviced it were but part of a supporting team that extended way back to before its manufacture so that it could be relied on to do what it was supposed to do and not to do otherwise.

That I was blissfully unaware of that band of brothers and sisters when I served testifies to the effectiveness of the system then. Out of sight and out of mind they dedicated themselves to our welfare. Decades passed as the system was refined and made ever more efficient, but it took mere months to destroy it. What was done in those bleak months was a betrayal of those who sought to protect us and those who were thus left unprotected.

It is now payback time. Many have suffered under this malevolent attack, some have even died. Those responsible should be brought to account. The Royal Air Force should stop being in denial and face up to its prime responsibility which is to defend this nation with airworthy aircraft, and not to protect Air Officers who have failed in their duty instead.