PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2016, 07:55
Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nut, Coff and Others,

The letter from Julian Brazier was trying to shut down further questions. I've seen a few like it in my time, and it's always worth reading them carefully to see what's been left out. Follow on questions then arise.

The reference to documentation being 'inadvertently' destroyed raises an obvious one. Who authorised the destruction? Because destruction of ANY document requires a deliberate and documented decision, which should also have been countersigned by an appropriate officer (or civil servant). Did this happen? Or was there a breakdown in the systems being used to handle airworthiness documentation? By the way, I pose this question in a rhetorical sense - many people who have worked in DE&S recently know that this breakdown occurred some while back. I have personally seen airworthiness files (marked as such with a big sticker) stored in unlocked drawers, being handed around an open office with no control or records of who had them, or what was in them.

Doing this stuff right is just so easy that it beggared (my) belief that it wasn't being done. What was even worse was that the (quite junior) officer responsible for these files didn't even known that they shouldn't have been handled that way.

Well done Coff.

Best Regards as ever to those asking the questions,

Engines