PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2016, 14:00
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think about new student pilots working hard and saving simply to be able to afford to fly at all, and work their way up to being a professional pilot. They think about every dollar/pound/euro to go flying, and have a goal worthy in our industry. Then, we have an apparently "well connected" woman who is drawing upon sentiment and falsely describing her accomplishments so she can go flying at someone else's expense. That's not okay with me, she should very simply be honest. If her goals are so good that someone will fund, celebrate and honour them when truthfully presented to the world, that's fine. But in the mean time, the hard working new pilots who are earning to pay for every hour they fly, and truthfully declaring their experience and solo flying deserve the credit here, and TCT is eroding that unfairly with her self aggrandizement.

If the recent presenting of the truth of her accomplishments has not caused her to rethink and draw back a little, then, in my opinion, doesn't get it, and perhaps should be told by her peers to take a step back. We, the knowledgeable people in the industry should not turn a blind eye to this, or we are endorsing what she has done, and seemingly continues to do.

A fair and truthful picture should be publicly presented as long as TCT continues to promote her endeavors based upon fizzy truth.