PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2016, 21:30
DaveW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetblu
Funnily enough, the people that were trying to shut Jay/Old Pilot up have decided to follow him here, so i do concur with the mob mentality with you on that one.
Given that I was fairly robust - indeed, I used the very words "Shut Up" - to Jay Sata (in what was fairly obviously his 'Old Pilot' persona) on another forum, I suspect you may be thinking of people including me here. Not least since I have also posted on this thread. (I didn't "follow" - I've been here a while).

I think it only appropriate to point out that anybody looking at that Flyer forum will be aware that I certainly was not closing down the point being made. Neither, in fact, was anybody else including Ian S - as evidenced by the fact that posts have not been deleted, only closed. They are still all available to view.

The objection, rather, was that the SAME point, without any further information or detail other than the basic complaint itself, was being made over and over again in newly created threads in a short period of time and was getting extremely boring and pointlessly repetitive.

It is pointless behaviour IMO, since the basic complaint appears valid as I have said several times elsewhere; TC-T's claims seem disingenuous at best. However, a complaint only needs to be made once and then left until further information comes to light.

This thread, eventually (not the case when it was begun), now does perhaps have more information (and I don't mean dubiously copied correspondence - I mean apparent firm info from NZ and elsewhere).

The point is fairly simple: Provide supportable information and build up a case. Saying the same thing 10 times doesn't mean you have 10 times more evidence; it just serves to annoy people.

Also, rumour and innuendo isn't evidence, and self-defeatingly simply serves to obscure any actual relevant evidence that you may have.

So, one last time: I'd say there likely is a moral case to be made: A repetitive scattergun witch-hunt like this one isn't the way to prosecute it.