PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2016, 20:34
Jetblu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bose-x

Generally, I agree with everything that you have to say. I normally even support your views. Here, on this, I do not, and I will tell you why...

If this was 'bar chatter' and the bird came along telling us that she did a solo flight and we knew better, we would tell her where to go and laugh at her. That scenario is not applicable here. She has gone public, taken undeserved awards and making money with speeches. Jay, has just gone public here and I am not aware that his efforts are for financial reward.

The woman has [in my opinion] stick her finger up to those in the know and blatantly mis-sold the story for a financial benefit. As I said on the other thread, deceit is deceit whichever way you want to spell it.

I feel for Jay in a way. Everyone has their own 'pet hates' and this is obviously his. I don't like Songs of Praise but I wouldn't dare write to the BBC and ask them to ditch it. I simply turn the channel to something of my own taste. Funnily enough, the people that were trying to shut Jay/Old Pilot up have decided to follow him here, so i do concur with the mob mentality with you on that one.

I suspect, and I don't know, that Jay thought by flagging up the issue on the forums something would get done by putting the wrong back to right.
The principle is right and just. He's come to an aviation forum regarding an aviation issue hoping that someone who needs to see it will, so you can follow his logical concept to that point.

The danger with what she has done, is evident here, and some people will not be gagged for what they believe in. Take Hillsborough as a general example.

I suspect, and I could be wrong, but many flying instructors are also hoping that TCT's promotion of introducing more female pilots could be a money spinner for them too. Who knows

Last edited by Jetblu; 8th Jun 2016 at 20:53. Reason: spell