PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air, Taiwan
Thread: Eva Air, Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2016, 07:30
areyouok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys let's clarify some things before you make a wrong decision.
I will give you some infos in order to help you and then, to have a better idea.
Let's start from the management, the guys on the 9th floor lives in another world, they settled the punishment culture, every single thing that they do not like they will give you a punishment starting from warning letters up to dismissal. From not wearing the hat or the tie correctly to not show that the ipad is correctly charged.
They downgrade cpt's and Sfo's for nothing, few months ago one instructor was downgraded just because during a training flight with a local trainee with a just a bunch of hours on piston ac, did a go*around. He pratically was flying alone, did everything correctly, did the PA, and landed safely. He was downgraded and blamed because a stupid passenger compained because from his point of view, the cpt did not give enough informations to the pax.

This is just an example, if you want I will tell you many other crazy stories.
Then, many people is leaving away from better "normal" companies. Yes, they are hiring but via the agencies, and not in the contract and no one will tell you that your seniority will be half compared to that of the local guys and few other lucky FO's with a very good connections with some managers.

And last, few months ago the "CEO" has been changes together with the board, they are gonna review the previous AC order and they will take only half of the planes previously ordered.

So think twice before you fall in this hole that they are trying to sell you as a dream.

P.S. The tickets to commute are not confirmed, they reserve only 1 seat for the commuters to go in U.S. and I have heard 2 for Europe. Consider that often happens that the flight is full and you have to arrange by yourself to go home one day after loosing one day off or buy a ticket with other companies at your expenses. Confirmed ticket....ahahaha!