PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2016, 10:41
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T3 security is a joke
Based on a recent experience I'd rephrase that to "T3 is a joke" or was I just unlucky?

It had been many years since I went through T3. The security was appalling. The lane I was sent through came to a full stop. Nothing for 15 minutes. There is no excuse for a security queue stopping for that length of time but the absence of an announcement, explanation or apology shows scant respect for passengers. You just have to stand there and try to keep calm. This was followed by a slow tortuous experience before finally getting out of there. I wasn't personally affected but the over-officiousness described by philbky above was evident.

That was bad enough but, having walked through a long narrow corridor, arrival in the over-populated "Waiting Lounge" was breathtakingly awful. Finding a place to sit or eat was impossible, trying to negotiate my way through tiny spaces, around people and stepping over their bags proved difficult and my main priority was to look for a place to breathe. I cannot understand why a "Waiting Lounge" can't be fitted out with enough seats. Stansted is the same.

The flight was called far too early. The aircraft wasn't even on stand. People had to stand in the queue for nearly 45 minutes before it moved. I just sat on a window ledge and watched from a safe distance until it did. Well, it did move but after getting about three-quarters of the pax past the desks it stopped again for another 20 minutes. Again, no announcement, no explanation and no apology.

Altogether an experience I would not like to repeat any time soon.