PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir 804 disappears from radar Paris-Cairo
Old 25th May 2016, 09:27
grizzled

Received 77 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by md80fanatic
All the bodies have not yet been recovered. It seems equally strange, to me, to suggest a high speed impact was the definitive prime force as opposed to the Egyptians claim of explosive residue, at this juncture.

Why do airline professionals, whose careers have been most negatively affected by terrorism, strive so hard to accept any cause over even the mere suggestion of foul play? It doesn't compute.
With respect...

sitigeltfel did not suggest "a high speed inpact was the definitive prime force" etc. What he, and klintE and myself were pointing out is that the statement by the Egyptian "forensic expert" -- that the condition of the remains proved the existence of an explosion -- was both incorrect and premature. That's all.

Contrary to your assertion, we (aviation professionals), at least those of us with experience in accident investigation, are not accepting any cause at this point. And I certainly have no problem accepting that foul play could be involved. Or not. Time, and the evidence, will tell.