PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 22nd May 2016, 13:23
bleuciel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Offshore pilot
I believe we soon will get more information from AIBN and Airbus based on fact. FDR/CVR and most of the essential parts are recovered while search continue. Airbus may have their theories based on findings so far. Probably they can not publish theories until AIBN agree. Internal MGB malfunction would be very serious for the future of the EC 225 in the North Sea and worldwide. Suspension bar / fitting issue will be more easy to correct within a short time frame.
I would love to see the 225 flying again, and fly it as well. My problem though is that who can trust Eurocopter/AH any more? When the first 225 ditched, EC said it was a bad batch. They didn't go in depth. A very quick and convenient solution.

Then when the second one ditched, I guess they swallowed their tongue. But they said in their initial statement that "the pilot elected to land the helicopter into the sea" (or sth like that, they definitely used the word "elected").
Then they spent so many months to see what was wrong with it, and then used a couple of universities to confirm their theory. And they probably did find the reason. And then they spent so much money and time to convince everyone that the 225 was safe. And it probably was.

But who can trust their statements any more? What if they are looking for a quick and convenient solution again?