PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 18th May 2016, 07:58
Kawijet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with what you guys say - It MUST have been removed by the investigators but if so why? If the bracket was there and had all the components then why would they feel the need to remove it? The proof that it was still attached before the crash would be there so removing it would be pointless. I hope you are right and they photographed it in place and the removal of it.

It just seems strange that AH are keen to say it is not a mechanical at this early stage - that is a crazy thing for them to do, reputation wise, if it turns out to be a mechanical fault!

Another interesting point - the engine intake screen was found far from the main wreckage before the crash site ("Air inlet screen" - accident report map),. Could it be possible that, if one of the rear struts did infact detach, the rotorhead pitched forward and the blades struck the nose and front engine cowlings/intake screens before becoming fully detached?

Please note I am just venting my thoughts on here and speculating, not directly asking for answers.
I know the investigation is on going and will take some time to complete.