PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 18th May 2016, 00:04
birmingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys this gearbox has form.

It is entirely natural that the world wants to be reassured that the gearbox is not to blame. The AIBN are consumate professionals as are HS. The AIBN would not ground the aircraft unless they felt it was entirely necessary and HS would own up if they had discovered a blatant maintenance error.

The AIBN will have seen the barbecue plate, which will tell them much, they are wholly familiar with the circumstances of previous incidents. They will know if this machine had bee making metal.

If this was an obvious maintenance error with the suspension/lift bars they would have said so by now and lifted the ban.

Nobody wants to see comapnies ruined and hard working professionals destroyed, times are tough enough in the NS. So we need to trust these guys to do thier jobs. they are honest people and if they say no definititve conclusions can be drawn yet I am inclined to believe them.

I agree that the head needs to rule the heart, i first flew on a Puma in 1975 at Odiham and would be happy to do so again. I have a soft spot for this machine but recognise many do not. I'm not the customer or much more importantly his workforce.

The AIBN know that unless their report exonerates the gearbox the Pumas are utterly finished in the NS and the collateral damage will be enormous.

So they need to present an authoritative fact based presentation.

I'm afraid anyone wh thinks the Super Puma can survive another catastrophic gearbox fatality is in cloud cuckoo land.