PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for Instructors
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2016, 13:36
Agus Rosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Instructors

Hi, this is my first thread here, thanks for accepting me. I dont know if this is the right place to write questions of this type, so if someone needs to move this thread to another place please do it. Here goes the question:

During a level turn, once you begin rolling you got different vertical path described by the inner and outer wing, therefore you got different AOAs, related to the roll damping effect and lateral stability. That occurs while you keep your aircraft rolling. Once you stop rolling your aircraft (you stop increasing or decreasing your banks angle) there wont be a vertical motion now, cause even tought your plane is in a CONSTANT angle of bank, it is no rolling at all. So vertical speed at that time doesnt exist, and the only thing that you have is two wings travelling at different speeds but describing the same horizontal path, so there AOA must be the same.
Do you agree with me?.

What Im trying to find out is a reasonable explanation for the fact that in level turns both wings have (or not?) the same AOA.

Regards,

Agus.