PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasses - what do you use?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2016, 02:19
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm right with you Sunfish....I haven't tried the graduated lens yet, which I think is Multifocals by a different name? I went to an Optometrist here in Hong Kong where I live and had an eye check, sure enough, my sight is weaker in my left eye and causes blurring at things that are around half a metre and closer, i.e., everything in the cockpit! Its also quite a bit worse at night in low light conditions, I find reading taxi charts all but impossible now without my glasses. However my long sight is still fine and I can't land/Take off with them on, so I have a set of half glasses which I perch on the end of my nose, very useful to peer over the top of at my offsider like a very old man! I have a neck rope and drop them off when I'm flying the approach visually, seems to work well for now. Normal readers from a glasses shop should be fine at this stage, I would've got a pair of them however I found in Bejing at the markets they actually made my lenses to the script, while I waited, for the princely sum of 200RMB, which isn't much.