PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAYMAC Huge hike in Rates
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2016, 05:02
airbusgirl66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was by no means implying that there isn't quality health care in other countries, and I am not trying to say or justify that the USA health costs aren't ridiculous.

In our particular situation we needed a very specialized doctor at a center of excellence and we only had EK insurance. The choice of where to seek medical care can be a very difficult choice if one stands to permanently lose a flight medical and more importantly a serious permanent loss of quality of life. Until you are in that situation...please don't throw darts. I can tell you this though...you will probably want the best care no matter what country that may be in and with a doctor who will be held accountable in all ways, especially if the reason you're in a current bad condition is from a medical mess up.

Obviously, it is one's choice to seek medical care where ever they choose. I was just trying to give a heads up. I stand to be corrected, but if you are not an American, isn't the Baymac rate lower? Same with APC Aetna possibly...just choose the option to not have care in the USA.

Last edited by airbusgirl66; 13th May 2016 at 05:34.