PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th May 2016, 06:36
Flyingishere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Localiser Established
I really do not understand this thread. Current EK pilots complaining about the hectic schedules, not having a life, no leave, constant fatigue, and all that. In the same post, then tell prospective joiners to stay away from EK.

How does that make any sense?!

If the other terms and conditions (pay) improve, you'd still have to deal with the constant working and very little time off. Do you really think the continued shortfall in manpower will magically force EK management to improve T&Cs?

From my point of view, a lot of effort is being put into recruiting more manpower. The success of this process will only mean a better quality of life for current EK pilots and the new joiners.

FYI, I do not currently work for EK but I am in the recruitment process. I become more discouraged each time I read this thread, but then I think about the prospects of an additional 400 pilots joining and what a difference that would make.
THIS! And dude ignore PPrune. Don't even read it. I read it once a week/month and feel myself getting unhappy while reading it. SO unhappy that my wife actually gets pissed with me when I quote or read this forum as she sees me change every time I read this. Good thing is when I enter the aircraft I reset again and actually love my job