PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bartolini Air Flight School
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:32
Michael S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bartolini doesn't usually practice NDB approaches as there is no NDB available in the vicinity but you can get it as much as you want in a sim. If you want that in real life they will take you to the airport with one but normally they try to keep your costs at minimum even if you're modular. That said they don't ask you to pay extra trip to practice something unnecessary. If you can fly the aircraft and you are able to make a good VOR approach then doing NDB in a sim is well enough.
They obviously have some downsides but who don't. Generally training standards are rather high which sometimes can make you frustrated as they demand a lot from you and you won't be clear for a flight if your knowledge is below their requirements. And yes, their hire ratio seems to be really good. I have finished modular with them and secured employment in less than 2 months after completing. Most of my mates I met there are now employed. For some it took little bit longer. For some it was straight away but most of us are doing what we wished for.
If you got any more questions don't hesitate and ask.