PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2016, 19:37
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dropp the Pilot
So it is understood that Emirates will need you to clear all the guarantees they have in their system before your release. That seems pretty straightforward.

Did anyone who has resigned looked further than that to avoid any unpleasantness at the airport on the day of departure? By this I mean is it possible some long-forgotten business arrangement or credit card could be hanging in the background and associated with one's residence visa such that when one went to leave you were held back?

If one wished to display an excess of caution is there a method to check such a thing before the actual day of leaving?
Amazingly you don't actually have to close your bank account or credit card account before you leave Dubai. I even know someone who has kept their account open.

I also know one guy who forgot to cancel his internet before he left and had to send money via western union to an emirati guy to make sure his small debt was cleared.

I guess the only obstacle would be if you were trying to escape and someone had reported you to the police for owing them money. If that was the case they would have already got you by now...