PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot hit by ground vehicle during walk-around!
Old 26th Apr 2016, 08:08
Kobus Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Land Hopper
You are such a valuable new attraction to us that we don’t you to leave our Pilot’s Club, which you did enter by bluffing the security guard. We will offer you a very nice permanent place in the air-conditioned entrance hall, between the stuffed tiger and the Constellation 1/25th model.
Let’s be perfectly clear, I have nothing against ground crew and assorted truck-drivers. Some of my best friends are ground staff. Actually, with my wife we went last year in holydays to Groundstaffistan, and we only found there charming and loving people – all of them wearing orange jackets, by the way … Camels and donkeys were also dressed with them. I just wouldn’t like my daughter to marry one of them (one of the guys, not the camel)
So you don’t like people at EGHQ above and including 7th floor ? considering that 2nd floor is Costa, one is for HR (accommodation and allowances, did you hear about it ?) that doesn’t leave many options.
The way you constantly try to bring the fault to our poor fellow pilot, which according to you might not have been wearing the Hi-Vis and therefore should be blamed, is simply disgusting. By the way and seriously now, I cannot remember of any pilot, not taking his yellow jacket for the walk-around, especially in Dubai (and please don’t say “flight deck”, it’s a testimony to your background - we are pilots)
And please remember, the victim is the pilot, not the driver. It’s not enough having those idiots trying to run over us everywhere in the Dubai traffic, they are also after us on the apron !

But you just wrote that you left "the Group" ? you will be missed.