PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot hit by ground vehicle during walk-around!
Old 24th Apr 2016, 20:21
Land Hopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kobus,

Amazing how a simple reply to a column has put your nose so obviously out of joint.

Just to bring you up to speed, I spend a vast majority of my time out and about with my teams, something your management seem to be missing out on. Also, I completely respect the work and conditions that my team work in.

I would also never wish to 'jump' into your seat as you put it. I am not qualified for this and would therefore never speak about how you guys perform.

What I do take offence from is the complete disregard that some of you so called 'professionals' endear to my teams.

I have been in this pit for as long as many of you and therefore feel completely qualified to throw back much of the abuse that you seem to like throwing down from your seats.

If you took a little time to try to understand what my guys go through them i'm sure much of your mud slinging would stop.

Yes, moan and bitch about your 90 odd hours all you want but the ramp and what happens down there is not your venting ground.

Yes, i'm new to this forum but considering your initial derogatory remarks I feel I can't stay quiet any longer.

I respect the professionals in this industry but sadly (although I personally and professionally know many flight deck) there are absolute ignorant muppets like yourself that just want to point fingers.

You are no better than those on the 7th floor and above.

I make no apologies for my outburst as I am sure that you would vent similar if someone wanted to try to smear your crew.

Evidently my original post knocked a few noses out of joint but I can promise you this, my comments and posts of the future will only contain fact when pushed.

Oh and as a final point, I recently left the 'Group' and have many axes to grind but I still will and always show support to those that do the hard graft in ridiculous conditions.