PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2016, 12:31
POBJOY

Received 73 Likes on 26 Posts
G- Reg aircraft

Am i correct in thinking that the Grob Tutor are on G reg.
If so do they by definition run under at least part EASA regulations both for maintenance and use. If 'instructing' a Cadet in the Grob Tutor i would have thought the Pilot would need the appropriate 'instructor ticket' from CFS or EASA.
I can not imagine those who decide such things at MOD will think they have 'covered' themselves by not attending to such details.
Is there a difference between 'instructing' a minor as opposed to giving them control.
If a member of the public attends a civvy school for a trial lesson he has to be flown by an suitable instuctor duly licenced for the flight.
If the same person wants a 'pleasure flight' with his family he has to find an operation that has an AOC and a suitable commercial' pilot duly type checked and current. The 'Duty of Care' is the same for both counts it is just the level of regulation that is different.Either way the minimum requirement for 'club' activity would need an instructor ticket on top of his CPL. In some cases the CPL will be on grandfather rights (instructing only).