PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking to be a pilot, looking for information ( from india)
Old 22nd Apr 2016, 16:58
billboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Djg

I'll try answering your questions to the best of my ability.

1)How is the job scene nowadays?
Significantly better than before but statistically speaking, a majority of CPL holders are still unemployed. But don't let that hold you back. If you are willing to work hard, go for it.

2) Where to take training from?
Since you started your research into pilot training around the year 2008, it is understandable that you carry the opinion that it is quicker to get an Indian CPL if you train abroad. This used to be the case earlier but a lot has changed in the past few years. The pace and quality of training in India have both risen remarkably. Additionally, bear in mind that this is an industry where being at the right place at the right time matters a lot. Knowing the local industry can help you with this. Wherever you do your CPL, you will get to know about the local industry from your instructors and peers. Why would you want to know about how to get into the regionals in US or bush flying in Africa when your best chance of employment is in India?

3) Jobs in USA or UAE?
I would say, do not depend on it. A lot of people did and later ended up in despair after they were unable to secure employment or get a work visa in the US. Chances in UAE are even more remote with your experience.

4) Amount required for training?
Anywhere from 6-7 million rupees.

5) Does one need to be good at maths and physics?
You have to be good at basic maths and physics to pass Indian aviation exams. But if you are willing to put in the effort, it is not difficult to get there.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.