PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent - Oman Air
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2016, 13:38
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RGuytz,

What I am about to say is my very own opinion.....hopefully someone else will tell you what you want to hear.

I understand your frustration but you are being naive.....civil litigation has nothing to do with sticking it to them. This is not some USA court room drama where they will hand you heaps of punitive damages. Civil litigation goes about proving what you lost and then reimbursing you for that loss. You will have to prove and quantify that loss. You will also be expected to mitigate the losses. I don't know you but here I have to make some assumptions(forgive me)......if you are going for Oman Air, chances are you gave up a position in a low cost carrier. I suspect wages are not overly generous. If they were to quantify your loss as 6 months wages, how much would that be? 20 000 euro?? You have to consider what the upside is vs what you are going to spend.

I am speaking as someone who has had the misfortune to be involved in 2 protracted legal battles. In the second battle, I got my arse handed to me on a platter......and I had a watertight contract/case. The other guy simply had more money than me. After spending a heap of cash, I had to walk away with nothing to show for it. If you feel bad now, imagine how you going to feel after being taken to the cleaners by their lawyers.

The first thing that Oman Air lawyers will do upon receipt of your founding affidavit will be to demand that you deposit a heap of cash into a trust account as security for costs. This is to cover their legal fees if you were to lose. Have you got 100 000 Euro to place on deposit for the next 5 years while you fight the case?

Let me talk about lawyers. I briefly dated one once. This happened to be as I was contemplating my first legal battle. I went to great lengths to explain my situation and ask her for an opinion. Her response was very telling indeed.....I quote..."It doesn't matter whether you have a case or not, I will fight tooth and nail for you because I have 2 kids to put through university". At least it was honest.

I think you would be better off hitting them through social media ie their facebook page or twitter. They are far more sensitive in that area.

Either way, I wish you luck and hope that it works out for you.