PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Summer Ball Gaffs/Gossip
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2003, 10:44
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh BEagle, your last post bought back some memories… Back in Ozmate in a similar time frame to yours, I think, you knew it had been a good Ball/ball if it finished with morning tea with the Boss – often as not, cheque book in hand. I found a whole new meaning to ‘potting one’ on a Mess billiard table at my first Summer Ball.

Best story of someone I actually knew was of professional bachelor who was inveigled to take very snooty flat mate of squadron friend’s girlfriend to the Summer Ball. Drove 40 miles into city to pick her up, 40 miles back to Base, dropped her off in local motel to get ready and returned to Base to do something similar.

Got waylaid in the Back Bar for “one or two” beers on the way to the shower…. One beer inevitably lead to another and next thing he knows, he’s the only one in the Back Bar not wearing Mess Kit. Mate who’s done the original inveigling sees him and asks whereabouts of girlfriend’s flatmate… Frank discussion ensues and professional bachelor decides it may be time to go and get his partner… but can’t remember which motel he left her in.

By the time he’d found it, (and there weren’t very many to choose from), the lady had caught a cab home.