PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which UK airlines fly between non-UK airports?
Old 17th Apr 2016, 11:06
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brexit

I think this is opened as discussion what'll happen if the UK leave the EU. Currently a EU company have no restrictions on flying from one EU airport to another (not talking about EU openskies policy) apart from slot restricted airports like LHR, AMS & CDG. So where's the potential problems well it depends if the rules apply to the AOC or the companies HQ so below:

BA is owned by Spanish company IAG although AOC is UK. So any intra EU network I suspect will use IB's EU AOC.

FR is Irish so what happens to intra UK routes, well I suspect a separate UK AOC will be applied for maybe as Separate FR UK Plc being created.

U2 is British, lots of intra EU routes, so what's their next move. Well it could create a new U2 company based in a EU capital possibly Dublin. The airline that Brexit will be the biggest headache.

The rest of the smaller airlines, well I suspect that it'll mean extra costs if they were to create intra EU routes. Possibly for a while this will not be possible until the UK & EU negotiate a new Openskies agreements. How easy is that, well just look at the US market where various EU companies wanted to operate US domestic/international flights, the US carriers lobbied this to death. So will Alitalia, Lufthansa & Air France lobby to stop U2 operating routes, I suspect so.

Last edited by GLAEDI; 17th Apr 2016 at 11:10. Reason: Grammar