PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 16th Apr 2016, 04:38
Led Zep

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
"Incentives and quotas have helped reverse this situation," he said.
I would look to various countries' sporting teams that use "quotas". Is X the best Y coloured/gendered player? Yes. Are they better than player Z? No, but a quota had to be met. A net loss to the team.
I couldn't live with myself knowing that there was a strong chance I was employed not because I was the best for the role, but because a quota had to be met or the company recieved some "incentive" to hire me.

"I've never understood why an airline would overlook half the population when searching for the very best talent to fly, service and maintain their aircraft," she said.
If recruitment does their job correctly, the best talent for any position, in any company, across ALL industries, would be sitting opposite the interview panel REGARDLESS of gender!!

I do not claim to be an expert in JQ/QF maint, in fact I know very little, but if they outsource overseas, I hope that the Philippine/Singaporean/etc. shed is at least 50/50 split between the sexes, and within those divisions, racial and religious splits are equal too.