PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2016, 22:18
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But what good would that be for 90% of the 150/200-odd thousand pax on NCL-BRS every year? With EZY you can do NCL-BRS-NCL, 40 minutes, £60... I'm not suggesting Easyjet would ditc the route for Eastern but if they did the only affordable way to get to the southwest (without a car) would be megabus. Eastern would probably easily be £300+ and the train is rarely far off!!!

I know Easyjet make more money elsewhere... And that's what's so frustrating, because airports like NCL always end up second best. Money makes the world go round, and that means some people lose out, and other people get more than their fair share

Mockingjay, yes because easyjet cover 2 market segments at Newcastle, business and leisure. And while there is plenty of capacity to sun destinations (understandable, us geordies love our sun) they wouldn't necessarily NEED easyjet on the route, but they make money so good on them. Business though is really losing out in my opinion, we've gone from 3+ daily BFS, STN, BRS to 12 weekly Bristol and a bloody confusing x18-ish weekly Belfast... Cheers for the 4 flights on a Friday and Sunday afternoon...

What will happen will happen, I'd rather easyjet keep the route and spend an extra night in a hotel in Bristol when I travel down there than to lose it

I know I annoy some of you, I just get quite frustrated that I feel we aren't seen as being a credible base (or so it seems) after all the hope we once had in EZY and they supposedly once had in us