PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Thread
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2016, 18:38
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman is wrong, BLK could have made money with the loads they had, had they been paid proper by FR and LS.
Ernest Lanc's I respect all of your views but I suspect the likes of Ryanair and LS would and will not pay the fees that would be required to turn things around.

I travelled up on the FR service from Stansted and the load was quite good but they still pulled out of Blackpool when they were paying next to nothing. Would they really come back and pay more? Somehow I don't think so.

The terminal is gone, the equipment is gone and the staff are gone. That's it folks, it is all over, as it would have been cheaper to keep an already small terminal open rather than knock it down and then start again with yet another terminal, apron, fire station. etc etc etc. The best that can be hoped for is GA and daily IOM services by a small carrier.

I wish I could share Ernest Lanc's views but I see no light at the end of the tunnel, which is depressing to say the least as someone who first flew out of Blackpool some 40 years ago.