PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2016, 11:04
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the airport's terminal capacity by the way? How many passengers could we handle? I'd have thought maybe around the 7 million mark would start to become too much

I hope the new person in charge is cautious with Ryanair and keeping the balance of thirds that the airport kind of prides itself on, high density routes that could do with a bit of reasonably priced competition, along with new markets where they can have the monopoly and create demand for themselves are fine. So we're talking ALC, TFS and to an extent AGP and ACE. PMI would be fine, as would FAO probably and maybe IBZ. On the cities front Riga, Budapest, Warsaw, Hamburg might do nicely, I'd like to see Valencia personally and leisure maybe Chania? Wildcard Athens... To be honest there are other airlines I'd rather see on Venice, Milan, Madrid, Lisbon and Berlin but if we got desperate I suppose Ryanair wouldn't really struggle to do it. But it starts getting dicey if they went for places like Rome, Malta, Krakow, Prague, Pisa and Belfast (As rumoured) because that's when they start to piss off Jet2 and Easyjet big time, they fall out with the airport, the airport "falls in" with Ryanair and we might end up with 5, 6, 7 mppa but then we end up in a similar position to airports like Liverpoop... And I for one don't want to be there. Again, all we can do is see really... I do agree it would be interesting to see why he's left now though

Those A380's would look lovely in easyjet's livery though... But I doubt bristol could handle them