PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2016, 08:04
Odins Raven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dropp the Pilot
Eh? So if one is relatively senior they pass you a cheque for several million dirhams and then kick you out of the country 24 hours later? It takes a day or two for that cheque to clear and several days for it to be wire-transferred from your UAE "bank" to the real world. Are you seriously suggesting you are happy to skip town with that movement still in process?

I am quite accustomed to being treated contempuously while working here - I was kind of hoping that would stop once I resigned.
There IS a form which you sign on day one of the three days in the ESC.. you agree to the settlement amount (whether you like it or not!) and then you finalize all your releases with each department such as accommodation, uniforms, ID returns etc... only then will you get your magical exit checque.

You can cash it immediately downstairs in NBD. Then transfer it to your chosen account across the lobby at the exchange place.

Alternatively you can request EK to transfer it to your bank acct but you have to leave it in their trust as it won't arrive until you are well away from Dubai.

I went with the former and had no problems with the transfer from the exchange guys. It even arrived before my flight the next evening. Felt a bit weird walking across the EGHQ lobby with 30k USD in my backpack though...! (All the unused leave they had to pay me!)