PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 08:20
HippoDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you hire a 200 TT NTR pilot? Because they are dirt cheap and desperate. Sorry guys we broke it ourselves. Where do you go as an experienced FO and get a decent job when competing with low hour guys willing 2 pay for work?

It seems there is no opportunity to take pride in working as an experienced FO so much that many post on this site from newly baked pilots seem to be "where do I get command the fastest".

As mentioned in earlier post a FO in Wizz gets paid many times more than doctors and lawyers in Eastern Europe - wow I can tell you that is not the case in Western Europe. And as for responsibility, you are the only person on board that can demote / correct the Captain or take over if he's incapacitated, carrying for crew, pax, a/c and third party - with 200 TT? I'm pretty sure a newly educated doctor doesn't do brain surgery...

I envy the US for the 1500 hrs rule which we used to have in many airlines in Europe years ago for mainly two things - higher experience level on the flight deck and less access to cheap labor and therefore better conditions for us the pilots.

But as I started out saying - it's broke and it ain't gonna be fixed - so enjoy Wizz and the likes - you've deserved it...