PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2016, 05:25
FGD135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all those scratching their heads about how OKC - and the YouTube video - got the aircraft into that nose down attitude, where even full back stick was ineffective:

Have another look at that YouTube video. Make sure you have the sound on. There is a certain sound that starts at 0:39 and only ceases at 0:50.

That sound explains everything - and could very likely be exactly what also happened on FZ981. If you don't know the significance of it, you probably should be doing a little less posting and a little more reading.

The way I read this video (it is very blurry so it is only my best guess) - he is overpowering the autopilot making it disconnect ... which ends with a stall
There was no stall. The autopilot disconnects upon TOGA - when single channel - which is SOP for FlyDubai. This has been brought up many times in this thread.

For me it starts with this "yolk/yoke" business
FFS, chuks, forget how the poster spells that word. He is referring to the control column. With enough AND trim, you can pull the CC to its rear stop with no apparent effect on the flight path. You should know this.

Too, you are pulling with all your might against the pitch trim, without bothering to operate the pitch trim switch which is right there on the yoke? That should be reflex, I would think.
Something you don't appear to appreciate about human behaviour, chuks, is that when under extreme stress, humans don't necessarily respond the way they would when calm.

AtomKraft, excellent post!

Last edited by FGD135; 10th Apr 2016 at 05:41.