PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Shoreham flying schools so busy.........
Old 7th Apr 2016, 20:11
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only been to Shoreham once a couple of years ago for an overnight stop on my way back to Scotland, and had a very positive experience with one of the flight schools and its staff.

I was sitting on the spotters bench planning my flight when I struck up a conversation with a guy who turned out to be a flight instructor from the flight school above the restaurant in the main building, he asked about my plane and intended flight . He offered to go upstairs and print out the latest weather then spent a fair bit of time interpreting and discussing what conditions I could expect along my intended route. The net result I delayed the flight till the next day.

Can't remember the guys name but he appeared to be in his late 50's and he offered me his professional advice, use of his computers and his time all without the request or expectation of remuneration and knowing there would be no future business or selling to a guy who was just passing through.

Decent bloke, school receptionist was friendly, all in all a very positive experience of Shoreham.

Pic of my visit

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Maule...tar/2525084/L/