PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panama Papers and the biz jet
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2016, 08:42
Fly4Business

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if we ALL pay our normal share of taxes the overall taxes rate could go down... Now the large group with the least pays the highest percentage while the ones with the most pay the least...
? No, the large group of about the lower half of the citizens does contribute less then 10 percent to total tax income and the top 10 percent pay well above half of all taxes. There is a very, very small group of wealthy people that are hard to measure by employee views, because almost all of them are self employed/company owners. If you look at their tax load you have to combine the view on company taxes plus individual taxes and if you do so, you will have quite some surprises how much this group spends for taxes, because their entrepreneurs actions are taxed twice. They also take personal risk as entrepreneurs to an extend no ordinary employee will ever accept. The discussion should better be done on a holistic view and picture will change dramatically. I cannot count how many of my friends always take my turnover as self-employed for comparison to their salary as a dependent employee and that is simply wrong and Apples to Pears. In a "democracy" voters are purchased by tax money and these are cheaper on the low end, because only the number counts.

Last edited by Fly4Business; 7th Apr 2016 at 09:03.