PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Gen AirShips - Hybrid Air Vehicles, UK
Old 5th Apr 2016, 05:44
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
Err, why? Why should my opinion be surpressed?

Having just looked at the crowdfunding site 'crowd cube' there appears to have been some economies with the truth:

Hybrid Air Vehicles has developed an innovative low-carbon aircraft. Airlander can fly for weeks and take-off from land, water, or ice. The market has been independently validated at $50 billion and the company is supported by the UK Government. This British SME aims to lead the world in ‘lighter than air’ aviation. Join investors including PLC Chairmen, experienced business angels & investment professionals to prepare Airlander for take-off.
https://www.crowdcube.com/investment...vehicles-18450

Many of you have been at pains to state this is not 'lighter than air' aviation. Furthermore, both company brochures state the flying endurance is a number of days and not weeks as stated in crowd sourcing. There is no proof that it can fly from the sea as yet - that might be an aspiration. Where do they believe that $50Bn is coming from?

So, I could 'stop for my own sake' or I could keep pressing for proper answers from people here who seem to be totally enraptured in the romantic idea that large airships have a significant place back in the world of aviation.

As you can probably guess, I don't share that view and countless projects before this have failed demonstrating that this viewpoint is equally as valid.

LJ