PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2016, 00:51
aox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VC10Tail
I urge you to look at that video more closely.Refer to the serues of vertical lines on the light coloured building in front of the camera.
I'm afraid I don't understand the point you're making.

The aircraft is moving very slightly across the screen as it climbs, from left to right, angling towards the bottom of the 1 in the superimposed date caption. This suggests the viewpoint is slightly to the north of the aircraft track, not surprising when you look at the map. Then it emerges below the 9 of the date, crashing directly below the 9.

So two things have happened. The fact its downward path is not crossing the screen on the descent suggests it's now on a track altered slightly to the north, its right, of what it was.

But also, though this is rather less certain, if it had gone away from the viewer by doing a loop in cloud it would be more likely to emerge out a bit more to the left again wrt the reference of the date caption. But admittedly that assumption is less safe as a loop doesn't necessarily have to be perfectly wings level.

It just didn't occur to me, and I still don't view it that way.

Post 1085 Flight Path analysis might help you.
But that is a different matter. That is not about explaining how a loop happened, but instead it's about how the human balance system and brain can be tricked into misinterpreting the sensations and coming to the wrong conclusion that it was looping.

They've drawn instantaneously sensed gravity vectors on the real path that combine the effect of vertical gravity with the acceleration or retardation of the aircraft, then redrawn a hypothetical looping course that the body might be tricked into misbelieving when recalibrated by the assumption from most of non-flying life that gravity is vertical.

A while ago someone talked about some students under instruction being found to be very sensitive to negative or reduced g. They might mistake dropping feelings in turbulence for a stall, and then push the stick toward, then the reduced g increases the falling feeling, and they push harder, and might freeze. In some aircraft if their arm is then straight it can be tricky for the instructor to overcome them. I know someone slapped the pupil on the side of the head, and this made him let go.

Those sort of disorientating ffects are being explained for that accident, and what some people are suspecting for this one. Pushed too much, not pulled too much.