PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA in the news Important Urgent - Insight on SBS on Thursday night
Old 18th Jul 2003, 07:48
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I posted on another thread:

"Great program on SBS last night. No false claims, simply heaps of facts and unanswered questions.

Good onya Prundle! Very well said from a very competent aviator and ex regulator. The only time regulatory sanity prevailed in Far North Queensland was during that brief period you were regional manager!"

Pharcarnell. No one disputes the need for a strong, competent and accountable regulator, with appropriate and just legislation.

The problem is a bumbling, vindictive and incompetent regulator who sets itself up as judge, jury and executioner, and an infinitely changing regulatory reform process.

The interview with Peter Rundle reminds me that the only period a competent, just and fair regulatory process that existed in Far North Queensland during my period in that part of Australia, was when Peter was Regional Manager and fairly and impartially exercised his powers. With the exception of another rather short Cairns FOI who was a competent regulator and aviator but has since resigned from CASA, in general, those who preceded Peter have since been promoted to Canberra and Sydney, beyond their maximum level of incompetence.