PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St. Helena Service
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 11:43
enicalyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry... don't I know it but I am trying to make it as clear as I can as a Saint, as Australian citizen, as a subject of Her Majesty plus many years in military and civil flying. Read the inquiry set up under Sacha Wass QC. It is about another matter but the Lady QC lays bare how things are done and not done on St Helena. The report pulls no punches and names names. It reveals is EXACTLY what it is like to live under the administration of such misrule even right now. As Terry Pratchett says "The Leopard Cannot Change its Shorts". [Do remember that the major employer on St Helena is "the Castle" and that will give a clue as to who the Leopard is and the state if his nether garments].

I commend you also to download from Companies House anything relevant to travel to St Helena in your future plans. If say company "A" has $300M cash at bank and company "B" has 50GBP weigh up if that is significant. Your call. And do ask around the trip advisor sites.

St Helena was my home, it is beautiful and full of character [clears his throat and opens another tin of Castle]. It certainly is another world and at times another planet and perhaps another century, not even the last.

Welcome Governor Lisa Phillips. Read the Latin inscription left by Adam Grandison on Ascension it means "Think Twice, Act Once" but the actual lettering is simply "Studiose". One word but it conveys a wealth of meaning. I'll tell you what is really in plo when you have eaten it and not before! Do enjoy your tenure.