PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA training CX pilots
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2016, 23:47
S22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legality

Originally Posted by Oasis
Few questions for the smart people out there:

Is it even legal, immigration-wise, for a cx pilot to be trained in KA? (I remember there being a little note in my visa that said I could only work for CPA)
Isn't the Cx pilot under training at KA technically working under KA cos during training?
What happens if a trainee cocks something up, is he/she in trouble with CX or KA?
D&g procedure? What role can the AOA have when a pilot is working on the other side of the fence?

Cx, with their great organizational skills, have undoubtedly thought of every potential problem and figured out a way to deal with it.(/s)

Can a trainee refuse flying an aircraft with a different AOC?

Sounds to me there are a lot of potential issues with this 'solution', maybe the company is just trying to shake the tree, and waiting to see what falls out?

Ps.
KA are our brothers, sooner or later we will be working for the same company.
The way we will merge will largely depend on how well the two unions work together in a time like this. No doubt there will be an effort to try to divide us.

Psps.
You can't expect KA to fight our battles for us. We still have our own trainers that can resign from training, before we can ask KA trainers for any favors.

pspsps.
KA, you can be on my JS anytime ;-)
CX did the KA pilots L1011 training and they flew CX routes.
So I guess it''s been done before.